WEEKS NINE + TEN

(October 30-November 12)

Hello everyone. It's me again. Sorry for taking a break last week without warning. This week you get twice the load. Lots of shit went down, including a murder. LINDA STEIN, the ex-wife of SEYMOUR STEIN (who signed us to Sire Records earlier this year) was beaten to death this past week! So fucked, I know. FYI, it was the assistant, in the trillion dollar fifth avenue apartment, with the "yoga stick!" What's a yoga stick?

Por ejemplo:


Any jokes about the murder weapon aside, Linda's brutal death came as a terrible shock to myself and to the Dangerous Muse team. I remember the last conversation I had with Lynda very vividly. She told me how important it was to do breathing exercises on tour and that when she worked with JOEY RAMONE (THE RAMONES), it was crucial that he went through the exercises to preserve his voice.

Well, I guess where I left off was Halloween. Damn, that feels like forever ago. As you know, Tom and I performed for the SUSANNE BARTSCH Halloween bash at AVALON (the notorious gothic-church-turned-dance-club, formerly known as "Limelight") in New York City. We went as "Dangerous Muse body snatched by neo-raver aliens." The footage from the performance is being edited now. But enough about Halloween.

As I type this, I'm lying on my stomach in bed with my lap top, getting a massage from mi amiga SANDRA KRCMAR, DJ extraordinaire (maybe if I give you a link to her myspace she'll give me a happy ending? http://www.myspace.com/siamese2hearts). Harder.

So lots of shit went down in the past couple weeks. Looking back, not gonna lie, there is a giant span of four days that seemingly go unaccounted for. I think this was the period when I was enveloped in a permanent cloud of smoke attempting to recover from the aftermath of an insurmountable drama. Oh baby the drama was deep and juicy. Unfortunately, I can't let you know all the dirty details (as much as I'd love to). Let's just say that as a result of some "shady business," the music video for "Give Me Danger" didn't "happen" and will not be happening at the moment (well, at least not in the conventional sense)! Are you crying? No? Good. See it wasn't that bad (if you only knew). Instead of scrapping the shoot all together, we decided to have a pretty major photo shoot for press, shot by DAHLEN. The photos turned out so well that we saw the abrupt change in plans to actually be a blessing in disguise. Images on the way!

I have to say that the highlight of last week was when Seymour called me from his office in LA to tell me that all of the things we asked for in our recording budget were approved by the chairman of Warner Brothers and we are green flagged to begin full-on production mode. Woo hoo!

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention that this past week was my birthday. I turned 12. On the same night as my birthday dinner, Tom and I went to the OUT 100 event at Cipriani on Wall Street, hosted by TIM GUNN and TORI SPELLING. Last year we performed and this year we just dove head first into the champagne and gawked at JENNIFER HUDSON. She was FEELING it in her white dress and heels. Our friends at BUCKLER hooked us up with some pretty sweet suit ensembles from their Spring 2008 collection. It was nice to see MARC JACOBS outside of the gym and we bumped into an old friend of mine who reps MARY-LOUISE PARKER (WEEDS). She's a keeper. The most unexpected convo I had that night was with BRYAN BATT. I really love MAD MEN, the show that he stars in on AMC. You should check it out if you haven't already. Bryan told me about how the strike is affecting everyone on his side of it and then flashed me a business card for his furniture store in New Orleans. I guess there's always plan B.

Anyway, I have a feeling that these weeks are not going to be getting any less crazy. But I want you and you and YOU to know that I'm a committed boy. I do what I say I will do. Writing to you guys is important to me. But I want to hear more from you bitches. Send me messages and videos of yourselves doing dirty things to our music.

Here's to a Happy Endings!

0 comments: