22
WEEK TWENTY-TWO
(January 29- February 4)

I watch the SUPERBOWL for the commercials, not gonna lie. Everyone's been talking about the E-Trade baby. He was cute, but where's the love for the UNIBROW? I say Planter's wins. I watched the game from my parents' place because I had to take care of some personal shit in Maine. My Dad was born in New York City, so I grew up watching the Giants. Man, was he going ape-shit Sunday night. It really BAFFLES me how we can get so emotionally involved in a game that we aren't actually playing. I mean, I could understand someone shouting at the TV because they are gonna lose their shirt after throwing away TWO GRAND in their office's pool (like my cousin). That's a game I definitely don't wanna play.

After the game I took a taxi, to be safe, into downtown PORTLAND to get a couple drinks. I should have known that the cabi would be wasted on CAPTAIN MORGAN'S. "They screwed up is right," as he literally stopped in the middle of Route 77 to light his cigarette. Granted, there was no one else on the road, but SOMETHING about that scenario hinted at a RED FLAG to me. It actually reminded me of last March when I was heading home to my hotel after a long night in MIAMI at the Winter Music Conference and my cab driver straight-up FELL ASLEEP at the wheel. He drove up on to the highway miridian and nearly flipped us. Ah, the memories of bounding my fists on the bullet proof glass to wake him up. I had a good yell over it. Don't you love warrented yelling? I do.

Downtown Portland is nothing to yap about at this time of year. Boredom can sometimes lead to drinking so much that you trip on your face when you wake up in the morning. But I don't have any idea what that's like. So, yeah, I took a massage appointment the next day to get my body back in working order. I saw my friends Tim and Jane down at THE ESTUARY. I know, sounds sassy doesn't it? Tim beats me up. It's awesome. In fact, if you live in Maine and you are reading this, you should go see him too. He will change your life. Right now he is getting certified in ROLFING. Wikipedia that shit. Let's just say my blocks are alligned.

I guess we should talk a little about the music. Since my last post, we have started production on two new songs. One of my favorites at the moment is one called "Forget." All I have to say is STRINGS, SAX and SEX. We laid down mock-ups for the orchastra and samples of the horns in prep for the live instrumentation. We've also been working on this tune called STOP PRETENDING, which has a pretty killer Giorgio Moroder bass-line and a little bit of an exercist vibe happening. Damn, I wish I could give you all of our secrets!

Like I mentioned last week, Tom and I have only left our apartments to go to the studio. In fact, most of our friends don't even know that we are here in NEW YORK because we've been so removed. When we are not in the studio recording, we are traveling to the studio and discussing what's coming next or listening to the current mixes, and writing even more new material. We try to exercise, but we barely sleep, and barely eat. Though, rarely (as mentioned) we get massaged. It's fine, Tom went to a TURKISH BATH the other day. Gulp. He swears it was innocent, though. He asked me to go too, but I respectfully declined. Maybe next time. Photo op, what? We should definitely have our next shoot in a bath house. Yuck! Er... HOT? You decide.

P.S. Our HEARTS go out to the families who were ripped apart by the tornados this week. Your loss puts the struggles that we all face in gross perspective. We are here for YOU. Hopefully our music can help you escape some of the pain.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Simple down to earth, love