25
WEEK TWENTY-FIVE
(February 26- March 3)
This week I started a no-bread no-sugar DIET. It's one of my tricks for stepping up my game around this time of year. For the last six months or so all of our focus has been on writing and recording the album. Now that we are almost done, we can finally emerge from the DARKNESS and get our bodies back in check. Yesterday I let some sun into our basement studio in the Bronx and Tom actually HISSED. I'm not kidding. When I woke up this morning my running shoes were staring at me. My ass is gonna have to start doing some serious cardio if I'm gonna sing to you for an hour straight every night on tour. I say this as I GORGE on a glorious chicken burrito. Wraps don't count as bread, right?
One of the biggest pains in the ass this week was production on on a song called STOP PRETENDING. The original demo was a very linear dark-wave club track, but we had hopes of it becoming more -- possibly even something that could work on alternative radio. In production we tried improving the song by implementing more chord changes. We experimented with trying new vocal techniques. I even wrote new lyrics and other variations in attempt to make a better hook for the chorus. Nothing we did seemed to work. In fact, we changed the writing so much that we lost the heart of the song. It turned into something that seemed too try-to-hard and false. Ironically, the title of the song told us what we needed to do. Just yesterday we made the decision to strip away all of the changes and revert back to the original demo to start production from scratch. Bells and whistles are nice -- so are pretty chords and strong vocals, but a song is nothing without its HEART.
This week we were nominated for two International Dance Music Awards in the categories of: BEST ALTERNATIVE/ROCK DANCE TRACK for "Give Me Danger" and BEST BREAK-THROUGH ARTIST (group). Voting is open to everyone, so please click below to show your love! It only takes a minute; You don't have to vote for every category and your vote WILL make a difference! The 23rd International Dance Music Awards is a part of the annual Winter Music Conference and will be held in Miami on March 27, 2008.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Thanks to your support we are going strong!
Love,
MIKE FUREY
P.S. "THIS WEEK" is now updated on the Dangerous Muse official blogspot: www.dangerousmuse.blogspot.com. Please check us out there!
WEEK TWENTY-FIVE
(February 26- March 3)
This week I started a no-bread no-sugar DIET. It's one of my tricks for stepping up my game around this time of year. For the last six months or so all of our focus has been on writing and recording the album. Now that we are almost done, we can finally emerge from the DARKNESS and get our bodies back in check. Yesterday I let some sun into our basement studio in the Bronx and Tom actually HISSED. I'm not kidding. When I woke up this morning my running shoes were staring at me. My ass is gonna have to start doing some serious cardio if I'm gonna sing to you for an hour straight every night on tour. I say this as I GORGE on a glorious chicken burrito. Wraps don't count as bread, right?
One of the biggest pains in the ass this week was production on on a song called STOP PRETENDING. The original demo was a very linear dark-wave club track, but we had hopes of it becoming more -- possibly even something that could work on alternative radio. In production we tried improving the song by implementing more chord changes. We experimented with trying new vocal techniques. I even wrote new lyrics and other variations in attempt to make a better hook for the chorus. Nothing we did seemed to work. In fact, we changed the writing so much that we lost the heart of the song. It turned into something that seemed too try-to-hard and false. Ironically, the title of the song told us what we needed to do. Just yesterday we made the decision to strip away all of the changes and revert back to the original demo to start production from scratch. Bells and whistles are nice -- so are pretty chords and strong vocals, but a song is nothing without its HEART.
This week we were nominated for two International Dance Music Awards in the categories of: BEST ALTERNATIVE/ROCK DANCE TRACK for "Give Me Danger" and BEST BREAK-THROUGH ARTIST (group). Voting is open to everyone, so please click below to show your love! It only takes a minute; You don't have to vote for every category and your vote WILL make a difference! The 23rd International Dance Music Awards is a part of the annual Winter Music Conference and will be held in Miami on March 27, 2008.
CLICK HERE TO VOTE!

Thanks to your support we are going strong!
Love,
MIKE FUREY
P.S. "THIS WEEK" is now updated on the Dangerous Muse official blogspot: www.dangerousmuse.blogspot.com. Please check us out there!


5 comments:
omg Mike, I didn't know you guys are recording your debutalbum!! All this time things were quiet and I had no more hope :) haha, I'm soo happy to hear spring 2008!! and guess what, it's almost spring 2008 :) any chance I can record a duet with you guys? haha, im just kidding! anyways, be good and good luck on the record! fingers crossed you guys get the support you deserve! love, a fan
I'm a little too excited for the new album :| and i'm really really hoping you guys come to LA really soon.
<3
Oh!! I'm so excited about this album I hope it gets released down here in Brazil. I also hope you guys come here more often. Love you guys !!!
♥
Hejka! Dział "Dla zwierząt" w portalu Housik.pl przedstawia najciekawsze dodatki i akcesoria przeznaczone dla naszych pupili, które ułatwią i umilą życie nie tylko zwierzętom, ale także ich właścicielom, stając się prawdziwą ozdobą mieszkania. Znajdziesz tu m.in. legowiska, karmniki, a nawet sprzęt elektroniczny przeznaczony specjalnie dla naszych czworonożnych przyjaciół. Zajrzyj gadżety dla zwierząt
dangerousmuse.blogspot.com
Post a Comment